Monday, July 22, 2013

prayers change.

i wasn't planning on jotting anything down this evening.
but man my heart is full.
my prayers have changed.
i used to thank God for all my blessings.
these days i pray that he takes them all and uses them somehow.
i used to casually thank him for another day to breathe.
now i thank him for daily taking my breath away.
i've always thanked him for a warm bed, a roof and never feeling hungry.
these days i thank him for those things and through tears ask Him to show me who to offer a warm bed, a roof, and a hot meal.
i have always thanked Him for a husband that loves his family and works hard to provide for us.
these days i pray my husband always puts Him first even if it costs us the comforts we have become accustomed too.

at night i used to kneel by the beds of my babies and pray for their hearts to be protected and for their daily safety...
tonight i pray that God will break their hearts and
that they will live a life of wreckless abandon for Him.




prayers change when your heart changes.

1 comment: